Saturday, September 13, 2008

Say So?

Prejudice is like that.

It hinges so much on Impressions.

And so, I cannot expect you to understand my decision. To ask you to do that would be to indulge my prejudice.

Yet, I must defend myself.

My decision was hardly based on an isolated circumstance. Though I wish I had granted myself that luxury. I might too, if I was even a mite less self-critical but you see, I cannot afford that. After all, it is the fuel on which my empty tank propels itself.

Also remember that the decision lay with the subject of your sympathies. If an option freely given was rejected: tough luck. Though I do agree with your observations and would extend my sympathies along with heartfelt gratitude, I do not agree that it was some cruel twisted deed forced upon.

But you will not see it that way.

For just like all my decisions are a combination of what colours drip on my personal canvas, your viewpoints are coloured by thoughts that swim your way.

I will grant you that.

I can hardly do otherwise.

It need not mean that I am swayed by your observations. I cannot be.

Our prejudices are two opposing river banks.

And I, at least, will continue my jagged journey on the outside of popular consciousness.

No comments: