Friday, September 05, 2008

Ivy

Fairies in the windflower
Whisper of the primrose
Bloom of first love
Innocent as buttercups

At Hyacinth’s altar
Beloved of Apollo
I gather thyme
And rainbow iris
Heartsease
Crowned with white carnations

I sing of Hera and Eve
And bespell thee
To be the Endymion
To my Selene.

I gift you
My aching heart
Wrapped in red carnations

Praised be the honey suckle
Of your passion clinch
As your violet heart
Weaves iridiscent enchantment
To colour my dreams wild

Then, November shall sing
Of forget-me-nots
And hopeful snowdrops
Joy of the mountains
And dew of the sea

If your heart be not swayed
If the faery spells fail
And mandrake banish my plea

I will send you
The good luck heathers
And slip into breath's mist
To answer Luna's call
Follow the sho yu’s lure
And wander the hidden valley
With the ephemeral lily
Across the span of time

No comments: